Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Setting Goals

Entry #19
Weight 233 lbs. Loss of 1.5 pounds. Total loss of 26 pounds.

I actually weighed yesterday, but didn't post. I'm happy with this loss. As long as the numbers keep going down, I'm a happy camper.

This morning I read my little calendar and the quote was all about setting goals. A few posts ago I wrote about my need to do that, so I set down a few short term goals.

*Weight: By October 31st I will have lost ten more pounds. This should be possible, if I continue to plug away.

*Exercise: By October 31st I will be on the elliptical machine for 15 minutes and the treadmill for 45 minutes at 3.4 miles per hour the entire time. This morning I was on the elliptical for 7 minutes and spent 20 of the 45 minutes on the treadmill at 3.4 miles per hour. This goal is one I should be able to meet.

*Home: By October 31st I will have my living room walls decorated. I've lived in my condo for over five years now and only have two small things on my walls! I'm hesitant to put holes in the walls and then not like what I've hung. How silly is that?

By October 31st I will have my spare bedroom cleaned up. This is the room that I just open the door and throw stuff into when I either don't know what to do with it or I'm too lazy to put it away.
By October 31st I will have my garage cleaned up. My garage has been a mess for over a year now. Cleaning it up was a goal I had set for myself for this past summer and somehow it just didn't get done.

*Friends: Before the month of September has passed I will get together with my friends from church at least once.

So now comes the efforts to meet these goals. There are so many more I could have listed but this is a good start.

2 comments:

  1. Love the goals!! It feels so good to write down things you are working toward. . . For me at least :)
    WTG on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You're going to have a busy couple of months. I had to chuckle with your spare bedroom and hanging things on the walls comments. Those 3M hook things (that stick but don't make holes) have helped me put more things up lately. It looks like you're doing some fall cleaning. Way to go on the goals, and congratulations on your weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete