Monday, July 26, 2010

A Very Good Start!

Entry #4 Weight 249.5 lbs. Nine and a half pounds lost in 10 days! Woo hoo!



I couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scale this morning. I had to get off and do it again to make sure I was seeing the numbers right. If I hadn't compared my scale to my doctor's a few weeks ago I wouldn't have believed it and would have gone down to his office to get weighed. I was expecting a four maybe five pound loss. I am very thankful to God and to all my friends and family who have been very encouraging.

Today wasn't such a stellar day in terms of exercise. For some reason I couldn't fall asleep last night and then when I finally did drop off, kept waking up throughout the night. When the alarm went off to get up and go to the gym I reset it and tried to fall back to sleep. That didn't happen and I never got to the gym as I was babysitting my niece all day today. Oh well, at least the diet part of my day was good.

While fixing my lunch today I learned that when school begins Weight Watchers, Healthy Choice, and Lean Cuisine frozen meals will be my best friends. It took me forever to measure out, weigh, and look up the calories for the stuff I put in my lunch. Tonight while fixing dinner I found myself thinking that I would just "eyeball" the food I was putting on my plate. I didn't give in to that, thankfully. While the calorie counting book will not completely rule my life while on this diet, counting calories will be a necessity for a long time to come.

Tomorrow night I'll be having some friends from church over for dinner. I'm looking forward to seeing these women. One of them will be moving to Long Beach as her husband (he's in the National Guard) has been assigned there. Linda is a very talented musician and singer and a wonderful friend. She, her husband Greg and little family will be missed a great deal. But, then, now I have an excellent reason to go down to Long Beach, maybe make a side trip to Disneyland. Hmmm.

I heard from another friend today who saw my blog link on Facebook. It was so good to hear from Tina. I appreciated her kind words of encouragement and hope to be just as encouraging to her on her journey. This is one of the nicest things about writing this blog. I've heard from people from high school as well as other places. It's good to be back in contact with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment